We have all heard (at nauseum) that sleep is the key to everything – including weight loss! OK… I get it (and I actually agree). I love my sleep and I am not one of those that can sleep anywhere. Ugh!
Mike was in the military and he can literally fall asleep under any conditions – bright light, noise, dogs licking his arm – literally any conditions! I can sleep by a pool or beach after a couple of cocktails and that is not the quality sleep needed to provide the energy I want to have in my daily life! I don’t want to just “make it” through my days, I want to really “live” my days!
This is where the cocoon comes in. I liken my bedroom at night to a cocoon and I spend the extra few minutes every night to create it. Here’s how the cocoon comes to life:
- Turn the air down to 67 (this is not a magical number, choose what works for you)
- Pull down blackout shades (outsource putting these up!)
- Blackout any lights in the room (I use black electrical tape over the cable box lights and the smoke detector light)
- Put in my ear plugs
- Put on my sleep mask (why do I care if its dark in the room if I have a sleep mask on? Sometimes the sleep mask comes off!)
- Take a Gabba pill – a non-prescription, all natural pill designed to slow your brain down (I am not advocating this, I am sharing what I do)
- Spray my pillow with lavender oil
WHEW! After all that, I should be ready to sleep and I am! I fall asleep immediately!
Good thing its a cocoon because I sure don’t look cute but I sure do wake up like a well rested butterfly ready to fly through her day (too much? you get the point!)
The cocoon definitely helps me get my zzz’s and I highly recommend creating your own tonight!
How will you create your cocoon? Tell us in the comments below!